Saturday, December 29, 2007

.. another year gone by....

December is that time of the year when I reflect on the past and make metal note of things that went well, and things that didn't. It serves as the basis for my New Year resolutions. January is the time to make those lofty resolutions and also rejoice at initial success at having accomplished what was expected for a short time, and February is the time to go back to being myself and resolve never to make resolutions again!



This year is no different. I look back at 2007, I am able to do so with a sence of achievement. On the home front, my two kiddos were awarded the best student award for consistently scoring the highest marks, My son got over stage fear and gave a flawless performance in his school Annual day, my daughter is progressing really well with her classical music lessons. Since the kids' achievement is the mum's achievement, I really want to give myself a pat on the back and say "thats a job well done"!



During the last year, I have had many challanges and opportunities, and have tried to make a success of it all, including buying a small home in Bangalore, which is no mean task ! I can look back and say "Thank you God for all your small favors"



What is my focus for 2008? Well you must have guessed it already. Its not going to be much different from the small resolutions of 2007, the only thing that I wish to add this year, is a resolution to break the February jinx and move on atleast for the next couple of months!



The world is becoming a more complicated place, life is becoming more challenging... you see, you cant cross a chasm in two small steps, so I am not going to be afraid to take that big step towards a more positive and peaceful 2008!

Wish you all a wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

Pradeep Nair said...

Resolution as "breaking the Feb jinx" is interesting. New Year Day is just like any other day.. But with a feeling that it's the beginning of a new year... a time to look back and look ahead..

Wish you a happy and prosperous 2008, Vidhya!