Saturday, June 16, 2007

.. Help please... I think I am overweight!!

When was the last time you dared to step on a scale and view the readings without screaming......?? Well, I did it a couple of months ago. I knew that I was overweight by at least 4 kilos... but what the heck, I am a mother of two kids.. should'nt I look like one??.. and just 4 kilos is not going to change my personality... No way!!!

Sadly, my wardrobe seemed to disagree!! My favourite pairs of jeans, the bright red capris, the smart denim skirts.. all had to be stashed away to one corner of the cubboard. Every day I spent a few minutes gazing at these wonderful clothes hoping that I would fit into them again... one day!

I seriously lacked excercise, and my work routine kept me awake at all odd hours. You would sometimes find me having my dinner at 2:00AM in the morning!! I just chose to ignore the issue of being overweight until my husband brought up the subject.He chose his words very carefully, but made it clear that it was probably time for me to seriously consider shedding the additional kilos.

So began my weight loss saga. Determined to give it my best shot, I charted out my little excercise routine and my diet chart. The first week was a grand success. I was really very strict on what I ate, my early morning walks relieved stress, apart from leaving a wonderful kinship with nature. I could feel myself getting lighter!

Week 2 was not as good.. blame it on bad weather! The rains came hard and strong and I could not leave the comfort of my home so early in the morning. When the routine broke for the third consequtive day, I almost gave up. My eating habits also began to vary. My sleep patterns were hap hazard.. thanks to the wonderful work timings that a select few "lucky" people in the BPO industry enjoy. All that was left at the end of the week was a determination to keep going whatever the adversities. I admonished myself for slacking on a well-built routine, and restarted week 3 with greater enthusiam.

Currently I am in week 7. Some weeks have not been as successful as the rest, but everytime someone says "hey, I think you have lost some weight!", my motivation levels soar, and the next few days are much more disciplined.

I am still eyeing the clothes bundled up in the corner of the cubboard... it wont be long before I dorn them with pride and step out with confidence... Hmm each additonal kilo matters!!

No comments: